Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sewing for a J-Doll

I tried out a Blythe pattern, made using a modified Skipper pattern. As I've shown in a previous post, Skipper clothes seem to be somewhat compatible with J-Dolls. J-Dolls are slightly slimmer than Skipper, and are 9" tall. The dress is not going to be a keeper, so I didn't bother taking really great photos, but it was a good learning experience. Here's how it turned out:


The sleeves are just a bit long on her, but the real problem is that the dress doesn't close completely in the back. Blythe dolls seem to have less hip circumference than the J-Doll. Which means she probably wouldn't rock the A-line dress look like Blythe does anyway. That's fine; this dress was largely just a test.

The other thing about this dress was that I had problems with the collar. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong; I presume my seam allowances were slightly off. The seam allowances on this were a little frustrating, since they were not quite 1/4". If I was going to remake this dress, I'd probably change some of the seam allowances. Oh, and I also lengthened this dress by 1/2". Overall not bad for this small scale.

3 comments:

  1. Like your posts and your blog. I follow you, could you follow back, pls. Kiss

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Śliczna sukienka!
    Zapraszam do mnie z wizytą!
    Pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete